- Is there a counselor/therapist in the XXX area that I could contact to help me with the BAUD technology?
- Can I use the BAUD to help alleviate any cravings (i.e.: eating)?
- Can I use the BAUD to stop smoking?
- Is the BAUD covered by insurance?
- Is the BAUD something I can use myself, or do I need a therapist?
- Can the BAUD be applied to those with OCD?
- How can I contact Dr. Lawlis?
- I want to work with someone in person, but I cannot travel to Texas. Besides, I already have a therapist. What are
At this time, we only have three locations where you can meet with someone face to face to learn how to use the BAUD (and buy the BAUD from them if you choose). Those locations are Lewisville, Texas (PNP Center), Rockwall, Texas (Behavioral Strategies for Health) and Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City area).
A health care professional is your key to resolving this issue. Yes, we have used the BAUD to significantly decrease a person's desire for chocolate, and another's for french fries. However, the BAUD is productive under the direction of a professional (i.e.: counselor, therapist) with BAUD experience.
Again, a health care professional is your greatest asset. Yes, we have had great success using the BAUD to stop smoking. However, the BAUD is productive under the direction of a professional (i.e.: counselor, therapist) with BAUD experience.
We have not worked with insurance companies... yet. We are hopeful that insurance will recognize the benefits offered by the BAUD in the future.
To learn how to apply the BAUD, a single session with a health care professional is our recommendation. Many people have acquired a BAUD, and used it on their own with minimal direction.
Engaging a neurotherapist with BAUD experience is a must for this situation. A neurotherapist will use an EEG to ensure the BAUD settings are applied correctly, and will be able to actually monitor what impact the BAUD has on brainwaves. It should be noted that our experience with OCD is limited; thus, the reason why we recommend engaging a neurotherapist to monitor the BAUD's impact on brainwaves.
You can contact Dr. Lawlis through his center in Lewisville, TX: the PNP Center. Their website is www.lawlispeavey.com.
You can have your therapist contact us for questions and training. We are in the process of developing training materials for professionals.
The manual is weak in teaching how to use the BAUD. We've just developed a Quick Start Guide (thanks, Rich!). Check it out...